With school starting up soon, less than two weeks for Palo Alto, it’s important to put your health first, even with the time crunch in the morning. I have found that I can’t function without some sort of breakfast in the morning and feel low energy and distracted when I don’t eat. Oatmeal is generally my go to since it takes about three minutes to make and pairs perfectly with a variety of fruits and other add ons. This particular recipe gives a little prelude to the familiar scents and flavors of fall. All you will need is –
- One banana
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- Scant 1 cup water
- 1 tsp dark brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Chopped dried cherries for garnish
- Combine oats and water in a medium sized bowl and microwave for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in cinnamon and sugar.
- Chop banana into medium sized chunks and stir in, garnishing with chopped cherries.